Six alumnae named Top Women in Tech
By Paul Mayne
Sukhinder Singh Cassidy, HBA’92, founder of theBoardlist, a curated talent marketplace to discover and connect highly qualified women leaders with opportunities to serve on private and public company boards, has released her list of the top Canadian women in tech and Silicon Valley – with a little purple pride mixed in.
Six Western alumna making their mark with the talent, track records and thoughtfulness to be great board members include:
- Janet Bannister, HBA'92, venture capitalist and founder of Kijiji Canada
- Shaherose Charania, HBA'04, CEO of Women 2.0
- Candace Faktor, HBA'00, founder of Faktory Ventures
- Justine Kilby, HBA'09, EVP of strategy at Ceridian
- Kristina Klausen, HBA'92, founder and CEO of Panda Tree
- Nicole Verkindt, HBA'08, founder and CEO of OMX
By theBoardlist’s estimate, 75-78 per cent of private funded tech company boards have no women. Together with leaders in the tech community, theBoardlist have access to thousands of women leaders where, until now, there had been no way to discover and share highly endorsed candidates for tech boards of every stage.
theBoardlist leverages the power of our community by inviting CEOs, leading executives and investors to help identify and nominate female board candidates in a private, peer-to-peer platform and to use women leaders with the talent, track records and thoughtfulness to be great board members.